As affirmed in statements such as " The Apostles Creed," the Church of God holds to the teachings of historical Christianity:
- The Trinity
- The Bible as God's written word, the revealing of truth for faith and practice.
- The Birth, Life, Death, Resurrection and Ascension of Jesus Christ as recorded in the New Testament
- Salvation by faith in Jesus and His atoning death on the cross.
- The gift of the Holy Spirit to those who receive Jesus as Lord and Savior.
- The return of Jesus Christ at the end of the age.
- Judgement and Eternal rewards, heaven and hell.